Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Digital Age - whaaaaat?

With school about to start up again, I've been inundated with numerous back-to-school dates and activities - some with kids and some without - from two different schools. Between these dates plus additional meetings and deadlines and my husband's schedule, it was starting to get ridiculously out of hand.

Since my previous scheduling mishaps post, I've been maintaining three (that's right, THREE) calendars: my trusty Franklin Covey planner, a family digital calendar (which my husband never checks) and a monthly low-tech dry erase calendar (that currently reads JUNE). But marking activities in THREE spots is starting to become a job of its own.

Even though it feels a bit disloyal to my trusty Franklin Planner, I'm now using my smartphone to track all meetings and dates. In one moment, it syncs to my Outlook calendar and allows my husband (when he checks it) to see meetings, dance class, violin lessons all in one location.

I'm not sure when I'll be ready to give up my Franklin Habit, since my love relationship with a planner pre-dates my husband and I's relationship...but for now, it feels good to have all dates in one place. Plus, automatically backs up and syncs to several locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment